Looking for a Balloon Artist to Decorate?
Hiring an artist to decorate is a simple way to achieve magazine-quality décor. Whether you want to spruce up a single room or bring an entire venue to life, these pros have the skills necessary to make it happen!
Not just any balloon artist / decorator will do, so it’s important to make sure you hire the right pro. Use our Artist Locator and follow these tips to guide your search for the perfect designer.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional
Event decoration is a popular DIY project, but hiring a pro can help you:
- Unify a design theme
- Pick a style that will WOW your guests
- Lighten your load to make things easier
- Make an existing idea work even better
How to Find & Hire the right Decorator
1. Detail Your Project
If you’re planning a big event, you need to share clear ideas with prospective decorators during the hiring process. Write down as much information as possible, such as:
- Themes: Like an under the sea or whimsical forest
- Budget: It's important to know your price range beforehand
- Time frame: When does the event start, how long is the event, how much time will they have to build the structures.
- Location: Is the event indoors or outdoors, private home or public venue
- Restrictions: Are there any special instructions pertaining to the venue; low ceilings, no latex allowed, no helium, etc.
Defining your details for themes and color schemes will help you find a pro who can deliver your desired look.
2. Research Local Decorators
Once you have a general plan for your project, you need to find an experienced decorator.
As you browse, take some time to check ratings, read reviews and look through their portfolio. This will give you a better idea of what to expect from each local pro.
3. Call for a Consultation
Your research will help you narrow down a list of professionals to contact. Request a consultation from at least two pros so you can compare their designs and prices. Some will offer a free consultation, while others may charge a fee.
Don’t Skimp on the Basics
Decorators will attempt to work within your budget, but their business depends on profit. Pros usually won’t cut their pay rate. To keep the total under control, limit the scope of the project or the amount of sculptures you need. For example, you might lower the number of columns or accent pieces in the room.
Be wary of artists who quote a low price without a lot of details, or who won’t put it in writing. They may not be willing to commit to that rate.