It is very easy to use ULTRA HI-FLOAT to extend the float time of latex balloons. With ULTRA HI-FLOAT, event décor can be prepared ahead of time, and balloon bouquets will float for several days. Check out our Basic Instructions video on YouTube.
HI-FLOAT is nontoxic and non-irritating. It is very similar to the glue found on the back of postage stamps.
In addition to a bottle of ULTRA HI-FLOAT, a reuseable pump kit is required. The pump kit contains a plastic pump dispenser, detailed instructions, a plastic extension tube, a set of restriction clips that are used to control the amount of HI-FLOAT dispensed, and a red cap to keep the HI-FLOAT in the pump nozzle from drying and clogging the pump.
- Attach the extension tube to the bottom of the pump as shown in Figure 1. (Note: Add this tube only for a 96-oz. bottle. The 24-oz. bottle does not need the extension tube.)
- Place the pump on the bottle and tighten the threaded cap.
- A pump dispenser must be primed before the first use. Hold a cup under the nozzle and depress the pump several times until liquid comes out.
- Choose the correct colored restriction clip based on balloon size according to the table below. (Note: If you are using a helium/air mixture to inflate the balloon, go here.)
Balloon Size ULTRA HI-FLOAT 9 inches Purple 11 inches w/60/40 inflator Purple 11 inches Orange 14 inches 2 pumps orange 16 inches 2 pumps grey 24 inches 3 pumps grey 30 inches 2 pumps no clip 36 inches 3 pumps no clip 40 inches 4 pumps no clip 48 inches 3/4 cup (add through funnel) 60 inches 1 1/2 cup (add through funnel)
- Snap the restriction clip onto the neck of the pump dispenser.
- Slide the balloon onto the nozzle until the balloon opening reaches the base of the nozzle. When the pump is depressed, the HI-FLOAT should go into the base of the balloon.
- Depress the pump plunger as far as it will go.
- Pinch the balloon as it is removed, cleaning off the pump outlet nozzle and keeping HI-FLOAT out of the neck of the balloon. Keeping HI-FLOAT out of the neck of the balloon will make it easier to handle and tie.
- Rub the balloon for a couple of seconds to spread the HI-FLOAT inside the balloon. While rubbing, elevate the opening to allow air to escape and to prevent liquid from entering the neck of the balloon.
- Inflate the balloon until it is almost pear-shaped. Hand-tie the balloon. It should float upright. Underinflated balloons will not float upright and may lean to one side. Fully inflated balloons float straight up.
- Place the red cap on the pump outlet nozzle when the bottle is not in use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.